Dental Implants In Oakville & Mississauga
Have you lost one or more teeth? Are you looking for the best solution to restore your missing teeth? Have you considered dental implants? There are many benefits to dental implants, and most people in good health are good candidates for the procedure.
What Is A Dental Implant?
A dental implant replaces a single tooth without having to attach crowns to surrounding teeth. An implant is built on a titanium post and topped with a natural looking crown to create an individual tooth replacement that quite literally stands on its own. Implants replace the root of the missing tooth, creating a durable replacement and restoring your smile to its natural strength and function. Depending on the individual, dental implants may be a better solution than bridges or dentures. Dr. Daniel Hyun can help you decide which restorative solution is best for you.
What Are The Benefits Of Dental Implants?
Dental implants are often the first choice and a standard of care compared to other options to restore missing or damaged teeth for a growing number of reasons including:
- Next best thing to healthy, natural teeth. Dental implants are strong and stable, an implant restores a lost tooth so that it looks, feels, fits and functions like a natural tooth.
- Built to last. Dental implants are a long-term solution. While dental implants may need periodic adjustments, they can last a lifetime when properly placed and cared for over time.
- Enjoy life without worrying about your teeth! Teeth restored with dental implants are teeth that let you, not your teeth, lead your life.
- A face without teeth can sag and appear sunken and sad. Dental implants allow you to maintain the natural shape of your face and smile.
- Protect healthy bone. Dental implants are the only dental restoration option that preserves and stimulates natural bone, actually helping to stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss.
- Keep your teeth in your mouth – not in a cup. Brush, floss and care for teeth that have been replaced using dental implants exactly the way you would natural teeth – in your mouth.
- Speak easy. Adjusting to removable dentures can mean struggling to pronounce everyday words, not so with dental implants, which function like natural teeth.
- Eat your favorite foods! Taste and enjoy the foods you love without hesitation. You can bite naturally and eat virtually anything you want.
- Protect your healthy teeth. Dental implants go in the jawbone, in the spot where your missing tooth root was, without impacting healthy teeth. They also help prevent healthy, adjacent teeth from shifting as they would if an empty space were left for an extended period of time.
- More predictable than other repair and dental restoration methods. Dental implant treatment has a track record of reliable, long-term successful outcomes and is often considered “more predictable” than other treatments.
Are You A Candidate For Dental Implants?
Dental implants might be right for you if you have one or more missing teeth. If you are an adult whose jawbone has reached its full growth, and you have sufficient bone structure to support the implant, you may be a good candidate for the procedure. Other factors include being in good health and being free from any condition that negatively affects healing time, such as diabetes or certain cardiovascular disorders.
All On-4-Dental Implants | Full-Mouth Rehabilitations
The “All On-4 dental implant technique” is often used to secure loose-fitting dentures or multiple missing teeth. The All-on-4 procedure uses four titanium dental implants to anchor the upper and lower jaw. This provides a strong foundation for prosthetic teeth, which are added afterwards to complete this permanent procedure. The entire procedure is completed in-house by Dr. Daniel Hyun.
Bone Grafting For Patients With Insufficient Bone Mass
The success of a dental implant, its ability to support a dental restoration; is very much dependent upon how much bone is available in the site where the implant is placed. If you have been told that you do not qualify for dental implants, Dr. Daniel Hyun can perform a bone grafting surgical procedure to increase the amount bone prior to implant surgery. This bone is specially prepared from cadavers or other sources and used to get your own bone to grow into the repair site. It is very effective and very safe. Sometimes synthetic materials can be used to stimulate bone formation and sometimes we even use factors from your own blood to accelerate and promote bone formation in graft areas.
If bone loss has occurred due to injury or periodontal disease, a sinus augmentation can raise the sinus floor and allow for new bone formation. Dental implants need bone to hold them in place. When the sinus wall is very thin, it is impossible to place dental implants in this bone.
Book A Complimentary Dental Implant Consultation Today!
Would you like a complimentary dental implant consultation or a second opinion?